Phone: +593 2 256 1808. Ext. 25
Fax: +593 2 256 7293
Monday to Friday: Appointment times available upon request
- Civil and Commercial Contracts
- Intellectual Property
- IP Litigation
- Tax Law
Veronica's practice involves trademark prosecution for both domestic and international clients. In addition, her practice includes clearance searches and registrability opinions as well as enforcement of intellectual property rights, mainly before administrative tribunals; drafting and negotiating settlement agreements is also part of her practice. In addition, Veronica advises clients with respect to corporate procedures, preparation, structuring, analysis and negotiation of civil and commercial contracts; as well as absolution of tax consultations.
- Veronica has handled anti-counterfeiting matters for one of the biggest and most famous international media and entertainment companies, obtaining the cease of the illegal activities and the negotiation and execution of transactional agreements.
- Participated in the process of recognition of a geographic indication in Ecuador, the first recognition in South America.
- Pursued enforcement and anti-counterfeiting action of copyrights of a renowned Mexican author, which lead to preliminary injunctions whereby, counterfeited books were seized and destroyed.
- Additionally, she has successfully handled an administrative action due to the illegal use of software done by a public entity. The procedure concluded with the recognition of an infraction from an official entity and a fine of US $ 50.000 against such entity.
- Obtained favorable results in an administrative action due to misuse of a designation of origin that contributed to protect the rights of its owner and consumers.
- Participated in a cease agreement due to infringement of industrial property rights of one of the most recognized trademarks of chocolates worldwide.
- Participation on technical committees for the approval of technical norms in the industry of drinks and foods.
- JD (equivalent) Pontificia Universidad Católica . Quito, Ecuador. 2009
- Senior Tax Specialist, Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar. Quito, Ecuador. 2012
- Master of Laws (Distinction in Tax Law), Universitdad Andina Simón Bolívar. Quito, Ecuador. 2014
National Court of Justice. Ecuador