Phone: +593 2 256 1808. Ext. 14
Fax: +593 2 256 7293
Monday to Friday: Appointment times available upon request
- Civil Law
- Consumers Law
- Corporate Law
- Intellectual Property
- IP Litigation
- Regulatory Affairs
- Statutory Law
Mario focuses his practice in different areas of law, including Civil Law, Commercial Law, Intellectual Property and Litigation. He is also an active participant in Mediation, Regulatory affairs, Corporate Law and Statutory Law. Along his career, he has advised local and international companies in a wide range of industries such as food and beverages, agroindustry, drilling, construction, and banking.
Furthermore, he participated in the training of laws, litigations, constitution of companies and partakes with Regulatory Authorities for obtainment of sanitary registrations and distribution and marketing permits. He also collaborates in coordinating trademark, copyright and patent clearance, and prosecution.
- Enforcement and anti-counterfeiting actions for an Ecuadorian software company against the Ecuadorian State.
- Part of the negotiation for the first agreement of access to Ecuadorian genetic resources in representation of the Ministry of Environment and having an American university as the counter party.
- Participated in the recognition of well-known Geographical Indications.
- Pursued enforcement actions for several Ecuadorian and international companies.
- Defended an international company in the protection of their copyrights assigned by a renowned author, which lead to preliminary injunctions whereby, counterfeited material were seized and destroyed and a sanction was imposed to the counterpart.
- Successfully participated in opposition procedures based on the reproduction of recognized trademarks.
- Successfully participated in the negotiation for the obtainment of permissions for the commercialization of an energy drink for a World Wide known company.
- Ecuadorian and international IP portfolio assistance for several of the largest industrial companies in Ecuador, as well as obtainment of sanitary registrations and/or permissions.
- LLM (equivalent), Universidad Andina Simón Bolivar, in course
- JD (equivalent), Universidad de las Américas, 2015
- Collaborated in the article titled Copyright Litigation in Ecuador 2nd Edition, published by “European Lawyer Reference”. Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited trading as Sweet & Maxwell. London, United Kingdom, 2014.