MARIA CRISTINA GUERRA
Phone: +593 2 256 1808. Ext. 13
Fax: +593 2 256 7293
Monday to Friday: Appointment times available upon request
- Intellectual Property
- Civil Law
Maria Cristina's intellectual property practice includes the search and clearance of new marks, prosecuting applications before the Ecuadorian Patent and Trademark Office. She also routinely handles the maintenance of trademark registrations. She also assists in the management of Ecuadorian and international IP portfolio for local and multinational companies, including its structuring, vigilance and enforcement. In addition, she collaborates in advising to local and foreign companies about advertisement, unfair competition and anti-counterfeiting matters. She has also advised about civil matters, specially referred to trial participation.
- She collaborated on the defense of the trademark portfolio of one of the leading food companies in Ecuador.
- She pursued enforcement and anti-counterfeiting actions, which lead to negotiated peacefully agreements with infringers.
- She also managed administrative trials in order to defend one of the most important trademarks of the Ecuadorian food market.
- JD (equivalent), Pontificia Universidad Católica. Quito, Ecuador. 2005
- Postgraduate specialization on Copyright. Universidad de Buenos Aires.