Phone: +593 2 256 1808. Ext. 06
Fax: +593 2 256 7293
Monday to Friday: Appointment times available upon request
- Administrative Law
- Business and Investment
- Civil and Commercial Contracts
- Corporate Law
- Labor and Social Security
- Public Contracting
Lucía's practice focuses on Corporate Law, Public Contracting, Foreign Investment, Labor, Securities and Insurance, Corporate Governance and Civil and Commercial Contracts. She has extensive experience representing local and international clients from a diverse industry sectors, such as banking and insurance, textile and clothing, telecommunications, transportation, among others.
Lucia renders legal advice regarding constitution of companies, acquisitions, shareholder agreements, purchase agreements, and reactivating negotiations between shareholders and companies. In procurement, Lucia advises on revising specifications and contract negotiation. She also advises to her clients in case of discrepancies with contracting entities, audits made by the National Control Agency and during administrative litigation. She manages large portfolios of industrial companies in the county and performs reviews of banking operations, including the development and provision of mortgages, trusts, leasing, factoring, among others.
- She participated in a share purchase transaction for a telephone services company, including the letter of intent, confidentiality agreement, due diligence proceeding and share purchase agreement.
- She participated in the share purchase agreement for the biggest lumber (plywood) company in Ecuador.
- She participated in an invalidity civil action against an arbitration decision that resulted in a nullity declaration.
- She worked with several other prestigious Ecuadorian lawyers on a claim of unconstitutionality against a law recently issued in Ecuador.
- She conducted anti-counterfeiting actions involving the most important Ecuadorian footwear trademark, which led to preliminary injunctions, seizure and destruction of counterfeit products from major shopping malls throughout Ecuador.
JD (equivalent) Pontificia Universidad Católica. Quito, Ecuador. 1995.
- Colegio de Abogados de Pichincha
- International Bar Association IBA
Collaborator for the "Doing Business" survey in the areas related to “Getting Credit-Legal Rights and Labor and Employment” conducted by The World Bank since 2003 – present.