In Ecuador, large reserves of metal ores discovered attract an important number of investors. For this reason, the efforts to practice responsible mining are very important.
At Falconi Puig we know that legislation applicable to mining activities is complex. If we wanted to describe it, we would say it is a hybrid in comparison with mining legislations in other countries. Due to this complexity, we consider that it is necessary for interested investors to count on expert legal advice in Ecuador.
The legal treatment offered to mining concessions, exploitation contracts, economic and tributary aspects, socio-environmental and communitarian, among others, clearly constitute key issues of the Ecuadorian Mining Law.
From the above, our counsel includes services such as:
- Incorporation of companies.
- Analysis for the use of tax incentives for investment.
- Negotiation and execution of contracts with the State and entities of private law.
- Mining concessions, mining titles.
- Advice in the stages of exploration, operation and commercialization.
- Labor obligations and of social security.
- Industrial security and mining hygiene.
- Environment, evaluation, environmental licenses, closing of activities.
- Establishment of conservation mechanisms.
- Climate change.
- Hydric resources.
- Real estate.
- Community relations.
- Evaluation and audit of projects (due diligence).